As summer slips away, we’re reminded that the time-honored tradition of Halloween is right around the corner. That means kids everywhere, and even adults, will be looking for the perfect pumpkin to carve.
For more than 60 years, the Ocala, Florida-based company Pumpkin Masters has been selling its Pumpkin Carving Kits, which make it easy to create scary, silly or any other kind of pumpkin design one can dream up.
Each kit contains saws, scraper scoops, crayons, pokers and a pattern book that offers designs from easy to advanced.
Along with its pumpkin kits, Pumpkin Masters also makes a variety of stand-alone tools, as well as pumpkin lights and other useful accessories. Products can be purchased at Wal-Mart and Amazon starting at around $7.99.
“Pumpkin Masters carving kits are easy to use and allow anyone — from beginners to seasoned carvers — to create a pumpkin to be proud of,” said Jenn Falik, lifestyle blogger and Pumpkin Masters spokesperson.
“I love that these kits allow you to be artistic and craft a beautiful pumpkin in a very little amount of time.”
Falik offered the following tips on how to pick out and carve your perfect pumpkin.
When picking out your pumpkin:
• Medium pumpkins are best for carving.
• Consider the carving pattern/design you would like before selecting the pumpkin. Is the design or pattern wide or tall? This will help you choose the best shaped pumpkin.
• Look for one that’s completely orange; partially green pumpkins may not ripen any further.
• Check for cracks or splits and a flat bottom so it won’t roll.
Getting your pumpkin ready to carve:
• A lot of people cut out the top of the pumpkin, near the stem, but it is actually better to cut a circle out of the bottom of the pumpkin so it can easily be placed directly on top of your light source. It also allows more surface area for carving your design.
• Scoop out all the pulp. Pumpkin Masters carving kits have all the tools to make your pumpkin carving process quick and easy. The scooping tool included in each kit makes it a cinch to dig out all that pumpkin mush and seeds.
How to pull off a masterfully-carved pumpkin:
• One of the easiest ways is to buy a pumpkin carving kit. The best part about Pumpkin Masters carving kits is that no prior carving experience is needed as all the necessary tools to avoid a pumpkin disaster and become a pumpkin master are provided in one convenient package.
• Along with the easy-to-use, durable tools, each kit includes a wide variety of designs options, offering everything from spooky to silly to simply stunning.
• Pumpkin Masters’ pattern transfer method makes it easy to achieve a great-looking pumpkin. Each design has a mastery level rating so you can decide which is best for you. The design booklet also includes visual step-by-step carving instructions making it even easier to create a true work-of-art.
For more information, visit www.pumpkinmasters.com.