Letter to the Editor 03-13-12
Alcohol served at movies sends the wrong message
Re: “Coming attractions: Construction begins on Hesperia’s first movie theater” (Feb. 28).
• No. 1 — Drink alcohol for 2 hours-plus and then leave and get on the roads? Right next to the police department! Are you serious?
• No. 2 — This gives kids the message that movies and drinking alcohol go together!
• No. 3 — What is to stop a 21-year-old from buying alcohol and giving it to underage kids? Are the movies going to have to hire a policeman to watch them and add the cost to the movie ticket?
• No. 4 — Most parents send their kids to movies alone. You wouldn’t send your kids to a bar for a reason. Would you want your kid sitting next to someone drinking all through the movie?
• No. 5 — Teenagers make out like crazy now in the movies. What could it be like if someone older buys them drinks?
• No. 6 — I think this is a bad idea. I hope all the churches in Hesperia get together and can stop this unsafe plan! I think this shows the people that the movies do not put your children first!
— Donna Juista, Hesperia