- Rose Parade honors
- PLAYING FOR THE ROSES: Oak Hills High School senior Tristin Evans, left, and junior Brian Jensen, pose in Pasadena on New Year's Day — the same day they played their saxophone and tuba, respectively, as members of Pasadena City College's Tourna... Full story
- Exploring evening sky during winter months
- Richard Doornbos
- Happy New Year, High Desert sky watchers!
In December, I advised that we will live to see 2013. For the new year, I plan to make my Desert Evenings column even more interesting. But first, let’s tackle unfinished business.
The winter months a... Full story
- Shelter receives dog beds donation
- Staff Reports
- The Hesperia Animal Shelter received a donation of Kuranda pet beds, providing each dog in the shelter with its own bed.
Donated by Stella’s Hope, a nonprofit animal rescue group based in Orange County, the beds are ideal for the cold winter d... Full story
- Breakfast with Santa
- The Fraternal Order of Eagles 4181 hosted a pancake breakfast with Santa on Saturday where 27 local children participated. Santa arrived on a fire truck driven by Santa's helper, Sparky and his dalmatian, Steamer. Helpers Kathy Lavender and Chris Wal... Full story
- Undefeated 'silver bullets'
- STRONG SEASON: After a long season, Hesperia AYSO’s Silver Bullets, a 12U boys team, played a total of 17 games, four of which were playoff games. The Silver Bullets went undefeated with 17 wins and no losses, scoring 129 goals and allowing onl... Full story
- Early voting begins
- James Quigg, Chief Photographer
- Alfredo Aguinia votes early Monday at the Hesperia Branch Library. Early voting will continue at the library from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day except Sunday, through Monday. On Election Day, any registered voter can also vote at the Hesperia library fr... Full story
- Hike the Pacific Crest Trail on Saturday
- From Staff Reports
- The Mojave Group of the Sierra Club will lead a hike on the Pacific Crest Trail from the Acorn Trail to Guffy Campground to Vincent Gap at 9 a.m. Saturday. The public is invited to join this moderate 10- to 11-mile hike through the beautiful forested... Full story
- Nightime cinema
- KAT MINER
- MOVIE TIME: Residents of Hesperia and surroundng areas enjoy a 'Movie in the Park' at Hesperia Civic Plaza Park on Saturday. The 'Movies in the Park' event will continue with the film 'Secretariat,' on Aug. 11. The movies start at dusk. Admission is... Full story
- Food, sports, fun at Beef 'O' Brady's
- Kenneth Sousa
- The store manager's family enjoys a relaxing lunch on opening day Monday at Beef 'O' Brady's restaurant. The restaurant and pub's first High Desert location is now open near the SuperTarget on Main Street in Hesperia.... Full story
- Watch 'Happy Feet 2' in the park Saturday
- From Staff Reports
- The Hesperia Recreation and Park District's "Movies in the Park" returns on Saturday for a showing of "Happy Feet 2".
The movie begins at approximately 8:30 p.m. Vendors will be on hand selling food, drinks popcorn and candy.
For more information, ... Full story